WhatsApp had given freedom to add anyone to any group even when you had made a quit multiple times. It’s annoying. If you wish to prevent someone from adding you to the WhatsApp group, this post would be helpful for you.
Privacy controls in WhatsApp do not allow its users to block a group directly. However, you could prevent other WhatsApp users from adding you to groups using an option in the privacy settings. So even though you may not have a direct alternative to leave WhatsApp group permanently or restrict WhatsApp group, the steps below will block those annoying users.
Prevent people from adding you to WhatsApp group :-
- Open WhatsApp, and tap on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Go to Settings from the menu.
- In the Accounts menu, select Privacy.
- Look for the Groups option and tap on it.
- Here, you can select who can add you to groups – everyone, or your WhatsApp contacts, or nobody.
Now, the users need to know that choosing one of these options wouldn’t prevent people from adding you to groups. But, you will receive an invite to join the group privately. Here, you can see a few members’ names, the group icon and its description. You can decline the request after reading the details.
In case there is a particular user you want to block from adding you to random groups, here is what you must do –
- Go to the group in WhatsApp
- Select the subject of the group
- Tap on the phone number of the admin ………Read More>>