State Bank of India has a designated enquiry facility with which all the SBI customers can check the bank account balance, mini statement, request for cheque books, account statement of the last six months, home loan & education interest certificates, etc. There are a number of other facilities available on SBI helpline — SBI Quick — with which the services can be requested by sending an SMS or giving a missed call at the designated numbers.
For accessing various services, users are required to send the SMSes with predefined keywords to predefined mobile numbers from your registered mobile number with the bank, SBI said. For this, the active mobile number of the user should be updated with the bank records. Users having Android, Windows, iOS or Blackberry phone can download ‘SBI Quick’ application from the respective app stores of the aforementioned operating systems.
- SBI balance enquiry: Give a missed call or send an SMS ‘BAL’ to 09223766666.
- SBI mini statement: Give a missed call or send an SMS ‘MSTMT’ to 09223866666.
- SBI cheque book request: Send SMS ‘CHQREQ’ to 09223588888. Customers will receive an SMS. Send consent SMS ‘CHQACC<space>Y<space>6-digit number received in SMS’ to 09223588888 within 2 hours of receipt of SMS for further processing.
- SBI e-statement (last 6 months): Send an SMS ‘ESTMT <space> <Account Number> <space> <code>’ to 09223588888. Customers are eligible to get an e-statement for last 6 months of savings bank account. The statement will be sent on the registered email ID with password encrypted PDF file.
- SBI education loan interest certificate: Send SMS ‘ELI <space> <Account Number> <space> <code>’ to 09223588888.
- Home Loan Interest Certificate: Send an SMS ‘HLI <space> <Account Number> <space> <code>’ 09223588888.
- According to SBI, the ‘code’ for obtaining e-statement, home loan or education loan certificate can be any four-digit number which will be used to encrypt the PDF attachment sent to the registered email address……Read more>>