Once the Covid-19 vaccination is completed, a certificate is issued to the citizens as proof of vaccination. The vaccination certificate has a secure QR code to protect it against falsification.The surge of the second wave of Covid-19 has drastically increased the number of cases in the country. So vaccination is the only way to avoid the further spread of this virus.
The Covid-19 has continued relentlessly for the past one and a half years, and with every new wave, there is speculation of the current one being stronger than the previous ones. So, the mass vaccination program aims to vaccinate the entire population.
There are currently three vaccines available to people – one is the Covaxin developed by Bharat biotech, Covidshield developed by the serum institute of India and the other is the Sputnik-V single-shot dose by Johnson & Johnson.
Here is the step by step guide to verify the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Click on the link https://verify.cowin.gov.in/
- The link will direct you to a page where on the top a green colored box with a Scan QR code and a bar code is present.
- Click on the “Scan QR code”
- A notification will prompt you to activate your device’s camera.
- Now your device camera will open
- Keep your certificate ready
- Point the camera to the QR code on the certificate issued and scan
- On successful verification, the following will be displayed
Picture Credit: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Message “Certificate Successfully Verified”
Beneficiary Reference ID
Date of Dose…Read more>>