This means, if an EPF account is not linked to the accountholder’s Aadhaar number, then the employer’s contribution won’t get credited to such an EPF account. The EPFO also made it clear that the employer’s EPF contribution won’t be credited those EPF accounts whose UAN is not Aadhaar verified.
Informing about the new guideline the EPFO informed employers and said, “Dear Employer, with the coming into force of the Section 142 of the Code on Social Security, 2020, the ECR shall be allowed to be filed only for those members, whose Aadhaar numbers are seeded and verified with the UANs, w.e.f 01.06.2021.”
The employees won’t be able to avail of any other services too from the EPFO in the absence of Aadhaar verification. The EPFO has taken the decision under Section 142 of the Social Security Code 2020.
This means employees who have not linked the two should do it immediately without any delay. It’s important to note here that the retirement fund body, allows subscribers to update the Aadhaar details in the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account through its online portal – epfindia.gov.in.
Here are the steps to link your EPF account with Aadhaar online:
- Visit the EPFO’s member portal and log in through username and password.
- Go to the ‘Manage’ option in the top menu bar.
- Select the ‘KYC’ option from the drop-down.
- A new page opens which contains a list of the different document types. Select “Aadhaar” to link with your EPF account.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and your name as per your Aadhaar card and click on the save option.
- Once you have saved your Aadhaar details, your Aadhaar will be verified from UIDAI’s data.
- On successful approval of your KYC document, you will successfully be able to link Aadhaar with your EPF account and you will find “Verified” written against your Aadhaar details.
Meanwhile, the EPFO has also allowed its members to avail a second non-refundable COVID-19 advance…Read more>>